Monday, March 21, 2011

mulch...Smulch!

This year marks our 6th spring in our house...and up to this point we have done not a whole lot to the house. Unless you count destruction...we have ripped up, dug out, torn down, and killed everything ever planted in our flower beds.  This house was owned by crazies of unique occupancy at one time, and there have been a million random plants and G.I.Joe Army men buried in the front yard. 

Before...

This yard had Holly Bushes Trees (approximately 8ft) growing in the front flower beds, right next to the house and some in front of the windows...YUCK! The large bed in the front was the home to any plant on sale at your local nursery, planted in the shade of the Bradford Pear...just because, there was no room in with the holly. I dug up every weed known to man...because they planted those too!

After 5 years and lots of sweat equity, I am proud to say...there are no more weeds in my beds!

Yes...we had the siding replaced (because of a storm, there were holes in the old stuff) and we changed the color...because I can. My money = my changes!

The mulch...8 hours over two days and 35 bags of mulch later...
I have a beautiful flower bed, with only two trees...I call that perfection!

Proof is in the Bag!

 

4 comments:

Beth @ UnskinnyBoppy said...

Hey Jamie!
Longtime lurker and friend of Lori Turner here! I've been reading your blog in my Google reader for years, and I'm loving watching all this house renovating yall have been doing!

I am hosting a Garden Party blog hop every other Wednesday and I'd LOVE for you to link up this post to it. We just mulched our beds too and I feel your pain. :)

Hope you'll join us! http://unskinnyboppy.blogspot.com/2011/03/its-garden-party-time.html

ARK said...

weed free...what a dream!

Annie said...

wow, lots of mulch. Can't wait to see more pictures of your yard.

cat said...

Good going - can not wait to see it finished.