Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lent and beyond


During this Lent season, many of us are giving up something; some of them easy, some more difficult, some in the form of food, some in the form of time...but for me it had to be something that hurt. Something that happens without thought, and almost always happens on a daily basis. I am giving up yelling (talking in a EXTREMELY LOUD TONE) and anger. I am not a mean person, nor to a yell all the time, but with (2) two and a half year olds...you tend to raise your voice more often than not! I have to stop, it is not Healthy and I really don't like myself when it happens. So, there you have it...I am changing my ways, and with the Lord's guidance and instruction, I will succeed...and not only for 40 days but for ever...

James 1:19-20 Know this my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

Proverbs 16:32 He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he that rules his spirit than he that takes a city.

Psalm 34:1 I will bless the Lord at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

In addition, I am teaming up with water4CHRISTmas and participating in their Live Without program...check it out and join me in providing fresh water for those in need!

No comments: