Monday, January 24, 2011

...Food...

New Year...New DIET LifeStyle!!! This year we are not dieting, we are making a LifeStyle change.  We are going to eat healthy, wisely, and proportionately. We are enlisting the free help of iWatcher (a great app...with a fond reseamblence of Weight Watchers). We are going for slow and steady on the weight reduction and fast and furious on the yummy food! 

This past November, I tried a new recipe for Tomato Florentine Soup.  I was not sure what to expect, but if the smells allured to anything it was complete yummy goodness!  These are the only ingredients...you do not have to buy organic...but I did for this recipe!



On Saturday, we grilled Salmon for the first time.  I actually had never eaten Salmon...until Saturday!  Where have I been, because it was so good Fabulous!!! Also, I steamed fresh cauliflower and roasted cabbage (I use the bagged Cole Slaw...I am to lazy to cut up the head). This was a super tastey and very low points...and majorly filling!!! Oh, almost forgot: that is my "fake" hollandaise sauce on top of the cauliflower (I mixed light mayo and regular mustard until they were a "dull, post-it note yellow"...pretty good! The Salmon glaze came from here...you must try it...you'll love it!!!


I love Banana Bread...but we are talking high in Weight Watchers Points. So, I had to find a better way- can you say APPLESAUCE!  I replaced the fat (butter) with applesauce and the sugar with Splenda...really, really good and no guilt.


I think this lifestyle change is definitely for the better...

Jamie

No comments: