Saturday, September 4, 2010

Repost- July 24, 2009

i love tile...I love the tear out, the dust, the mess, the work, the sweat and most of all the BEAUTIFUL finished project. I love tile so much, My Wonderful Husband gave me a really nice Wet Saw for CHRISTmas. This is the first chance we had to use the saw and it worked like a champ. We were able to rip out, lay, grout and seal in 4 days (this includes the 24 hrs of suggested drying in between each step). Not bad for amateurs.

The next project will be the shower...that will really be a mess! I cannot WAIT!

Rip out the old, make room for the new!

1980's tile job...no backer board, just thick mortar and wire mesh to hold it to the floor...YUCK!

Keith preparing the sub floor for the NEW backer board!

Our New Tile...pre-grout!

New Tile plus grout! I love how the finished project makes the mess worth while!

jamie

No comments: